The acanthisitta is a bird in New Zealand. Its common name is Rifleman. It is one of the birds that start with alphabet A. First of all, below are the fast facts.
- Type: Bird
- Diet: Insectivorous
- Scientific name: AcanthisittaChloris
- Weight: 6 grams
- Conservation status: Least Concern
- Length: 7 – 9 cm
- Incubation period: 20 days
- Average life span: 6 years
- Habitat: Thinly Wooded Forests
- Predators: Stouts, rats, possums
This is the smallest bird in New Zealand. These birds can not fly long distances and typically stays within an area which they protect. These birds eat insects from trees and from ground. The female lays 4 to 5 eggs and there are 2 broods per year. There call has a high pitch and can be out of range of people hearing.